Refleks diesel heater (new gadget aboard Obelix ()

dahlke

Refleks diesel heater (new gadget aboard Obelix ()

Post by dahlke »

Oh man! I'm so excited! :) I had only planned on visiting the refleks factory to get some inspiration but I simply could not resist once I was there. Good thing I'm single ;)

Now I just need to figure out how much of the starboard bunk I want to remove. The rule is 10 cm to flammable material that are covered with something non-flammable (with 2 cm of air separating the two materials).

Just wanted to share my enthusiasm :D

Mads
Ballad #332 (aka. Obelix)
Restoration blog
Boat and restoration pictures
prjacobs

Re: Refleks diesel heater (new gadget aboard Obelix ()

Post by prjacobs »

This looks interesting. Could you mount it on the bulkhead between the mast and the side of the bunk, or is it too big? I'm still looking for a heater, preferably Diesel.
Bob McGovern

Post by Bob McGovern »

prjacobs wrote:This looks interesting. Could you mount it on the bulkhead between the mast and the side of the bunk, or is it too big? I'm still looking for a heater, preferably Diesel.
Peter, Tony Allport wrote an article in Good Old Boat, Issue #77 (Mar/Apr 2011) detailing his installation of a used Espar D-1 diesel heater in ... their Albin Ballad. :mrgreen: Do you know Tony? He apparently lives on Anderson Island, Puget Sound. This him here:

http://www.marinesurveyor.com/allport/

I could send you the article, if you need it.:)
dahlke

Post by dahlke »

prjacobs wrote:This looks interesting. Could you mount it on the bulkhead between the mast and the side of the bunk, or is it too big? I'm still looking for a heater, preferably Diesel.
They do have a bulkhead mounted version of the 66 model. Sadly I don't think there is enough space to mount the 66 (the smallest stove Refleks makes) between the mast and the bulkhead. I'm not done yet but in a couple of weeks I should be getting close. I've made a short video showing the progress so far :) https://www.youtube.com/user/madsdahlke/videos
Mads
Ballad #332 (aka. Obelix)
Restoration blog
Boat and restoration pictures