"Valeo Distributeur"

Rasmus

"Valeo Distributeur"

Post by Rasmus »

2014-08-24 14.36.59.jpg
2014-08-24 14.36.59.jpg (138.91 KiB) Viewed 14952 times
Hi!

I have this "electrical part" named "Valeo Distributeur". I think it's the part that directs the current from the altenator to either the main battery og the houshold batteribank depending on if the mainbattery is charged. I think that it may not be wired correct, since there are no wires on the "-"

1. am I right?

2. I can't find even a picture of it via google and i don't have a diagram. Any body who knows this "Valeo Distributeur" and either knows how it should be wired or knows how to find a diagram?

/Rasmus
peterohman

Re: "Valeo Distributeur"

Post by peterohman »

It is a distributor containing two diods that makes it possible to charge two separate batteries simultaneous. The minus is probably connected to the metal on the engine somewhere, and from there connected to the batteries minus, so it is probably ok connected. It should however be mounted on the alternator so it gets cooling from its fan since it develop some heat when there are some amps floting through it.
/Peter
Rasmus

Re: "Valeo Distributeur"

Post by Rasmus »

Thank you Peter!

Does that mean that the two batteries are seperated so I don't get troubels with the batteries "wearing each other down"?

I think it's not mounted on the alternator since there are not enough space... I will check how warm it gets next time I use the engine for a longer run. Maybe it would be safer to change it with a "Septor" http://www.kjoeller.com/biludstyr/stroe ... dskillere/

/Rasmus